USS STOUT (DDG 55)

Thursday 5 August 2010

Re-Enlistment

1 August 2010- Reenlistment.  As part of the all volunteer force crew members commit to serve a set number of years.  Once their enlistment is up they have the option to extend their service and re-enlist.  Recently Petty Officer Humbert signed up to serve a few more years and re-affirmed his oath in a short ceremony on the mess decks.  A couple of pictures from the day are posted along with the oath of re-enlistment at the bottom of the page.
Petty Officer Humbert with Re-Enlisting Officer
Petty Officer Humbert with a few friends

Oath of re-enlistment

I do solemnly swear
That I will support and defend
The Constitution of the United States
Against All enemies, foreign and domestic;
That I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same,
That I will obey the orders
Of the President of the United States
And the orders of the Officers appointed over me,
According to the regulations
And the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
So help me God.